Ooks Fall To Vikings At Home

Ooks Fall To Vikings At Home

EDMONTON, ALTA - The NAIT Ooks men's basketball team fell short to the Augustana Vikings losing 82-73 Friday night in the NAIT Gymnasium. 

Both teams came out strong in the first quarter as the Ooks outscored the Vikings 19-18. Augustana responded by outscoring NAIT in the second and third quarters. The Vikings had a 60-49 lead heading into the final quarter. The Ooks would outscore Augustana 24-22 in the fourth, but it would not be enough as they would end up losing 82-73.

"We showed mental weakness tonight. We had the discipline to follow our defensive game plan for 75% of the time. When we lost focus they killed us the other 25% of the time. They are a great shooting team and deserved to win," said NAIT head coach, Mike Connolly. "Tomorrow we need to a shoot better. We also need to improve our general focus, determination and mental toughness."

Players of the Game

NAIT Ooks - Jamaal Hinds

Augustana Vikings - Mason Hunter

The Big Picture

With the loss tonight the Ooks fall to 8-7 and fall to third in the ACAC north division, behind the Augustana Vikings who are now 9-6.

What's Next?

The two teams will now rematch in Camrose tomorrow night at 8:00 pm.